This recipe actually came around by accident when I thought I had burnt hazelnuts whilst making my chocolate hazelnut butter, it turns out almost burnt nuts produce a decadent and delightful nut butter!
You will need quite a powerful blender for this, sometimes half way through blending, your machine may need a rest to prevent over heating (if you have enough patience!). I have a mini magimix blender which is the just the perfect size for making nut butter!
- 400g mixed nuts
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 2 softened dates (either soak dried dates in hot water or use medjool)
- pinch of salt
NOTE: I do not use these ingredients for their ‘super’ food claims. I use their flavours which harmonise with the deep roasted nuts and its tastes great!
- Preheat the oven to 200
- Tip the nuts on to a tray lined with baking paper. Place in the oven, stirring after 10 minutes. Leave them to continue cooking for another 5 minutes after this. Remove from the oven and let them cool.
- Transfer the cooled roasted nuts into you blender (trying not to spill any) and pulse to crumbs, spoon out 6 tsp of the crumbs and then continue to blend the rest till its very smooth (and has a shine).
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and continue to whizz till you reach your desired consistency.
- Blend for a final minute, stir in the crushed nuts you took out earlier and transfer to a clean jar.
If you give this recipe a go, leave me a comment down below or tag me in a picture on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter at @courgettiblog with the hashtag #courgettiblogetti