Leftover mango in the fridge and I fancied a refreshing salad but more substantial than a pile of lettuce!
This recipe serves 6 as a side dish or 3 as a main.
Quinoa salad ingredients:
- 2 cups quinoa
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 ripe mango
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 handful of spinach
- 1 handful of tomatoes
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp harissa paste
- 3 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- In a pan, add the quinoa and veg stock, let this cook (around 10 minutes) so all the stock is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, dice the mango into small pieces, along with the tomatoes. Wash the spinach.
- In a small bowl, mix all the drizzle ingredients well before pouring into a jug or nice bowl ready to serve.
- Stir in the fruit and veg to the cooked quinoa, adding a little salt to taste. Squeeze in the lemon juice.
- Add the quinoa to a serving bowl and let cool before serving.
- To garnish, sprinkle with a few more pomegranate seeds.
This is a fantastic side dish, that all my family love! I had it with my sun-dried Tomato & beetroot hummus, lettuce, cucumber, carrot, pepper, maple mustard dressing, cashews and falafels. It also works really well as a main meal, try topping with crispy tofu, halloumi or even a poached egg!
If you give it a go, let me know on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter @courgettiblog and use the hashtag #courgettiblogetti