I realised that finding the perfect granola recipe for my whole family was pretty much impossible… So I decided to create a collection of granola recipes, starting with this one, allowing multiple ideas and flavour combination for anyone to read (yey).
There is no coconut oil or so called superfoods in this, its just my dad’s favourite breakfast! Honestly, there’s no point adding in trendy foods if you don’t like or need them, therefore, this recipe allows anyone to make a healthy granola that tastes good. Nothing more, nothing less!
This recipe is Gluten-free (hence the title) with a vegan alternative.
- 2 1/2 cups of large (GF) oats
- 1 1/2 cups of rolled (GF) oats
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup honey (you could use maple syrup instead)
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup mixed seeds (sesame and pumpkin)
- 1 cup mixed nuts (Almond and hazelnut)
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup flaked almonds
- 1/2 cup mixed dried fruit (raisins, cranberries and mango)
- Preheat the oven to 140°c
- Add the oats, oil, honey, cinnamon, salt and vanilla to a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Transfer on to a lined baking tray and place in the oven for 30 minutes, making sure to stir every 10, for an even bake.
- Add in the mixed nuts, coconut and flaked almonds and bake for a further 20 minutes, continuing to stir every so often.
- Bake until completely golden (you may need longer than the 50 minutes)
- Once cooked, stir in the dried fruits and leave to cool. Then transfer into a tub (if you manage not to eat it all!)
I Love mine served with coconut yoghurt, on ice-cream or just as a snack, but as this is my dad’s recipe, he loves his with milk and a banana for breakfast!
If you give this recipe a go, be sure to let me and my dad know over at Instagram, twitter or Facebook @courgettiblog or use the hashtag #courgettiblogetti . Thanks for reading! -Laura x